GBTA Convention 2019 is where the next generation of travel professionals meet world-class education and networking with industry-leading suppliers.
Meet with CIBT and Newland Chase leaders at booth #3417 from August 3 – 7 for The Business Travel Event of the Year® featuring 400+ exhibiting companies, 175+ education & professional development sessions and nearly 7000 attendees representing over 50 countries.
United States-Canada Cross-Border Challenges for Business Travelers
6 August 2019, 9:00am – 9:30am
Moderator Rob Moorhouse and speaker Cassandra Herndon are joined by Andrew Merrills from Ogletree Deakins and a Newland Chase corporate client.
Session description: Today, many Travel Managers are seeing a surge in Canadian business travelers being denied entry into the U.S. and U.S. business travelers being denied entry into Canada – due to heightened security, restrictions, and scrutiny of documentation. In this timely and dynamic session, we examine the real-life challenges facing today’s business travelers crossing the world’s longest international border. Equip your business travelers with the practical tools they need to succeed in crossing the U.S.-Canada border in the era of Trump, new USMCA/NAFTA, changing DUI and cannabis laws, and more.
- Attendees will be able to identify explain to their teams the current immigration environment and trends in the United States and Canada which have an impact on business travelers.
- Attendees will be able to assess their current U.S. employees and their activities when traveling to Canada on business for potential issues and minimize the possibility of refusal.
- Attendees will be able to assess their current Canadian employees and their activities when traveling to the U.S. on business for potential issues and minimize the possibility of refusal.
International Immigration and Tax Compliance for Business Travelers
6 August 2019, 10:30am – 11:00am
Session description: Successful Travel Managers understand the critical role laws and compliance play in international business travel. The current fast-changing and challenging geopolitical environment is heightening scrutiny by government authorities of immigration and tax requirements. Therefore, up-front risk mitigation planning is vital to avoiding potentially negative immigration and tax consequences for business travelers. In this session, we’ll simplify this complex topic with a focus on increasing your awareness of the critical issues – so you can spot the potential pitfalls for your business travelers before they become problems. Included will be a discussion of cutting-edge technology tools available to Travel Managers to help ease the burden of immigration and tax compliance.
- Attendees will be able to identify the key issues to watch for in immigration and tax compliance which are involved when their employees travel internationally.
- Attendees will be able to assess their employees and their activities traveling internationally on business for potential issues before they become compliance problems.
- Attendees will be able to develop processes and policies and implement them using available technology solutions to minimize compliance problems.